These FAQ's may be updated from time to time so please be sure to read them in their as they may have changed since the last time you read them.
About J.Mane Gallery.
J. Mane Gallery is an online art gallery whose mission is to promote the work of both emerging and experienced artists and connect them with art buyers, art enthusiasts and fellow artists.
J. Mane Gallery conducts monthly themed online art competitions. The winning artworks are promoted on the gallery’s website.
We are artists, supporting artists. We understand the struggle you go through as artists trying to make a living as an artist, because we are too!
The first place winner is also featured on the Featured Artists page. Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention winners will also receive special recognition and are featured on the Monthly Winners page.
Jessica Kimmel Manelis is the owner of J. Mane Gallery. She is an award winning Fine Art Photographer with over 15 years experience. Early in her career, Jessica entered and participated in numerous juried art exhibitions nationally, in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Florida and California. She has now chosen to share her knowledge to assist other artists in gaining experience and exposure to art collectors and art professionals.
What's in it for me?
J. Mane Gallery will promote the winning artists each month through its contemporary website, online event calendars, news websites, email campaigns and through the gallery's social media outlets to it's growing network of art buyers and art enthusiasts.
The First Place winner will be represented on the Featured Artists page. Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention winners will also receive special recognition and are featured on the Monthly Winners page, and all artwork accepted into the online exhibition will be included on the Current Exhibition page. Each work included in the online exhibition will also include the artist's name and link to their website or contact information, as provided by the artists.
What happens when the online exhibition is over?
All artwork will be included in the gallery’s archives. Each piece of artwork will be clearly marked with the artist’s name, title of the work and the artist’s website and contact information as provided by the artist.
How do I enter the art competitions?
Does J. Mane Gallery represent any individual artists?
At this time, J. Mane Gallery does not represent any individual artists.
What are the rules for your Online Art Competitions?
Are there any awards given?
- Cash awards may be given, at J. Mane Gallery's discretion, and will vary per competition. Awards will be paid via PayPal.
- The First Place winner from the monthly online competition will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition.
- Exhibition winners will receive a digital award certificate.
- Links to the artist's website or social media outlet will be listed on the exhibition page.
- After each exhibition closes, it will remain in J. Mane Gallery's Archive.
- J. Mane Gallery will promote the winning artists of each exhibition via email, event calendars, art news websites, and social media marketing..
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Are there any entry fees?
- Entry fees vary per competition so please refer to each competition for entry fees.
- Payment is required through Submittable at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
Who Is eligible to enter?
- Open to artists worldwide.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Entries must follow the competition theme.
- Work must be the original creation of the artist and completed within the past 5 years.
- Please see each competition’s specific guidelines for details about what to submit.
- You may submit the same artwork in different competitions, as long as it follows the competition theme, unless it has won previously.
- You may enter works of art that have won art competition awards in other shows.
What are the image requirements?
- Image should be in jpeg format and 72dpi.
- Image should not exceed 1MB.
- Please do not include any frame, mat, or watermark.
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName_Medium_Size.jpeg (Example: Untitled_J_Mane_Acrylic_20x30.jpg). Do not include special characters such as #,!, * or stray spaces in the file name. Doing so may prevent the file from uploading.
- Image should be clear and in focus. Please remember that this image represents your work.
- J. Mane Gallery may crop your images in order to enhance the overall presentation or for formatting purposes for use in the areas where your images may appear.
What criteria do you use to judge the submitted art?
- Artwork will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
- Creativity and originality of the theme.
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
Who are the judges?
Selections will be made by J. Mane Gallery owner and award winning Artist, Jessica Kimmel Manelis or invited guest jurors including other artists and art professionals.
If I submit my artwork, am I automatically included in the online exhibition ?
By submitting your artwork, you will be considered for possible participation in the online art exhibition, but this does not guarantee acceptance. Acceptance is at the sole discretion of J. Mane Gallery. If you are not accepted into the exhibition, entry fees are non-refundable, and we encourage you to participate in the future.
How will I be notified if I am accepted into the online exhibition?
Artists who are accepted into the show will be notified via email by the opening of the online exhibition.
How long is the online exhibition?
The monthly themed and Featured Artist exhibitions will be featured on the website for approximately one month.
What happens if someone wants to purchase my artwork from one of J. Mane Gallery’s online exhibitions?
J. Mane Gallery does not sell the artwork featured in any of its online exhibitions on the website. J. Mane Gallery does not represent artists in the online exhibitions on its website. All purchase inquiries from the online art exhibitions are directed to the artist for negotiation with the buyer.
At all times, the copyright to all the artwork shown on the J. Mane Gallery website remains with the respective artist. None of the artwork may be reproduced without the written consent of the artist.
What rights does J. Mane Gallery have to my artwork?
Artists who submit their artwork to the J. Mane Gallery website for an art competition and have any of their submitted artwork chosen for participation in the art exhibition agree to the following:
- J. Mane Gallery is granted usage of the chosen artwork, for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition and for any future J. Mane Gallery themed art competitions and exhibitions. Usage of the image(s) is limited to any J. Mane Gallery publicity including, but not limited to, ads, press releases, event presentations, brochures, catalogs, event mailers, and for use on the J. Mane Gallery website and on the gallery's social media pages.
- J. Mane Gallery can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork and display your entry for posterity as part of a historical site record of past themed shows. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the J. Mane Gallery website. J. Mane Gallery will provide credit for each image with their Artist Name, Title and the Artist Email/Website, if applicable. The artist shall retain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to J. Mane Gallery.
- J. Mane Gallery does not claim ownership of the artwork you submit for consideration. All images attached to this website are the property of the respective artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said images.
- No resale or exchange of images will occur by J. Mane Gallery. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
- Artists should read the website’s Terms of Service. By entering into any art competition conducted by J. Mane Gallery, the artist is agreeing to the Terms of Service and Competition Rules.
Where can I follow the Gallery in Social Media?
We encourage you to follow us on social media. Please visit us on all our social media sites by linking from the buttons at the top of the page.
How can I contact the Gallery?
These FAQ's may be updated from time to time so please be sure to read them in their entirety as they may have changed since the last time you read them.