Artist Competition-August 2018
Photography & Digital Media
J. Mane Gallery invites submissions for its A Moment In Time online juried art exhibition for the month of August 2018.
According to Wikepedia, the definition of Photography is the science, art, application and practice of creating durable images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by means of an image sensor or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as photographic film.
A photograph captures a moment in time. Show us your favorite moments.
For this competition we want to see your best photography and digital media. Artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of the world around them. The artwork can vary from realism to surrealism to abstraction. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best inspired photography and digital media.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: July 25, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: August 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: August 30, 2018 (remains on website under "Gallery Archives”)
- An entry fee of $30 for up to 5 images.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium_Size.jpeg. Example: Mane_J_Title_Acrylic_20x30.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- Painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, photography, mixed media and digital art.
- Cash awards may be given to the top three (3) winners.
- The First Place winner will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- J. Mane Gallery's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, galleries, collectors and buyers.
J. Mane Gallery utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: