Artist Competition-October 2018
J. Mane Gallery invites submissions for its In Full Bloom botanical and floral online juried art exhibition for the month of October 2018.
Throughout the history of art, certain subjects have resonated particularly strongly with artists and audiences alike. Trends reveal art's most popular muses, with flowers at the forefront.
Rooted in ancient art and still prevalent today, depictions of blossoms, blooms, and other botanical elements can be found in many of the most significant art movements, whether carved into clay or starring in a still-life.
For this competition, artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of botanical and floral art. Botanical subjects can include flowers, herbs, fruit, leaves, plants and related botanical and floral subjects. The artwork can vary from realism to surrealism to abstraction, and all media are accepted, including 3-D. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best inspired work.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: September 25, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: October 30, 2018 (remains on website under "Gallery Archives”)
- REDUCED ENTRY FEE: $20 for up to 5 images if you enter by September 15, 2018. After September 15, an entry fee of $30 for up to 5 images will be applied.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium_Size.jpeg. Example: Mane_J_Title_Acrylic_20x30.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- Painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, photography, mixed media and digital art.
- Cash awards may be given to the top three (3) winners.
- The First Place winner will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- J. Mane Gallery's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, galleries, collectors and buyers.
J. Mane Gallery utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: