Artist Competition-June 2018
J. Mane Gallery invites submissions for its Monochrome online juried art exhibition for the month of June 2018.
Monochrome means one color, so in relation to art, a monochrome artwork is one that includes only one color.
Throughout the centuries artists used different shades of brown or black to create monochrome pictures on paper. The medium they would use would simply be more or less diluted to achieve the required shades. The play of light and dark enabled the artist to define form and create a picture.
We invite you to submit work that best represents a monochromatic palette. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best art and photography.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: May 25, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: June 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: June 30, 2018 (remains on website under "Gallery Archives”)
- An entry fee of $30 for up to 5 images.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName_Medium_Size.jpeg. Example: Untitled_J_Mane_Acrylic_20x30.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- Painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, photography, mixed media and digital art.
- Cash awards may be given to the top three (3) winners.
- The First Place winner will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- J. Mane Gallery's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, galleries, collectors and buyers.
J. Mane Gallery utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: