Artist Competition-June 2018
mind body spirit
J. Mane Gallery invites submissions for its mind body spirit online juried art exhibition for the month of June 2018.
Oscar Wilde said, "Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter."
Throughout history, the human figure has always been a common subject of visual art, involving the study and appreciation of it's beauty in it's depiction and presentation. An awareness of the body shape, including postures like sitting, standing or sleeping and movements such as walking, running or dancing, speak to the ideal subject.
For this competition artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of the human figure. The artwork can vary from realism to surrealism to abstraction. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best inspired art and photography.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: May 25, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: June 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: June 30, 2018 (remains on website under "Gallery Archives”)
- An entry fee of $30 for up to 5 images.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium_Size.jpeg. Example: Mane_J_Title_Acrylic_20x30.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- Painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, photography, mixed media and digital art.
- Cash awards may be given to the top three (3) winners.
- The First Place winner will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- J. Mane Gallery's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, galleries, collectors and buyers.
J. Mane Gallery utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: