Artist Competition-July 2018
J. Mane Gallery invites submissions for its H2O online juried art exhibition for the month of July 2018.
"The heart of a man is much like the sea. It has it's storms, it has it's tides and in it's depths it has it's pearls too."~Vincent van Gogh
Water is one of the most important elements for sustaining human life. We live on a water planet. It surrounds us, and we cannot live without it.
For this competition artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of water; the sea, the lake, a stream, the rain. The artwork can vary from realism to surrealism to abstraction. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best inspired art and photography.
We have two guest jurors for this month, Philadelphia based artist, Rob Seitz. Rob is an artist and educator currently working with the University City Arts League. He has taught visual arts with a focus on collaboration in a variety of youth programs and schools in Lancaster and Philadelphia. His graphic design business "Seitz Print" creates t-shirts, posters, album covers, stickers, and block printed business cards. www.facebook.com/seitzprint
And, Rusty Eveland, who studied at the Delaware College of Art in Wilmington, DE, and finished with a BFA in Animation from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Currently a working artist out of Philadelphia, his focus has been on painting and animation. Movement, composition, and color are all particularities of his work. His paintings and drawings have been exhibited and sold across the country, and his animated shorts have been screened in festivals around the Philadelphia area. You can follow Rusty on Instagram.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: June 25, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: July 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: July 30, 2018 (remains on website under "Gallery Archives”)
- An entry fee of $30 for up to 5 images.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium_Size.jpeg. Example: Mane_J_Title_Acrylic_20x30.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- Painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, photography, mixed media and digital art.
- Cash awards may be given to the top three (3) winners.
- The First Place winner will be the Featured Artists on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- J. Mane Gallery's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, galleries, collectors and buyers.
J. Mane Gallery utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: